Saturday, April 15, 2017

Can't Get in to Admin Page on WordPress!

Haven't been on here for a while but I'm still earning money online and have a number of websites now bringing me in regular income. Anyway, I had an issue on one of my sites recently which I wanted to share, if for no other reason than if it happens again to me, I know how to fix it!

The problem was that I was endeavouring to ensure the speed of my website was up to scratch so i thought I would add in a caching plug in. In fact I already had one installed but as my site was not quick enough (according to a new feature from Google) I thought I would install another one.

The old one I had installed was WP Super Cache and the new one was W3 Total Cache. Somehow in deactivating the old one and activating the new one I ended up with some text at the top of my website saying:

//Added by WP-Cache Manager

But the real problem with this was that when I was logged out of the site and tried to get back in, the admin page ONLY displayed this and not the login boxes so I was locked out of my Wordpress site.

After a short panic I managed to fix the problem by going in to the file manager and opening the wp-config.php file (do this with care!) and in there I found 2 instances of "//Added by WP-Cache Manager" which I removed and consequently those were removed from the external view of the site.

Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment