Sunday, July 3, 2011

Website in the Google Sandbox?

So I only recently heard about the mythological (or not?) Google Sandbox where some websites are sent for a period of time to cool off when Google finds something (who knows what?) that they don't like. Anyway, I think that one of my sites has been put there. It is the site that I bought from flippa and as soon as I got it the stats were not as good as those shown on the auction page. But even then, since that time about 3 weeks ago, the traffic on the site has been slowly dwindling to the point where it is now pretty much extinct.

So what to do about the Google sandbox? Well all advice seems to point to the fact that I need to keep working on the site and building backlinks and eventually it will be let out of the sandbox. opinions seems to differ as to how long that might be - anything from 2 months to 9 months, so I guess I will just have to wait it out :(

No comments:

Post a Comment