Sunday, June 19, 2011

Website Ad Performance Related to Keyword Competition and Popularity

So in the last few months I have started up 2 websites and bought one from flippa. The two I started up myself differed because the main keyword on website 1 had 450,000 global searches and low competition and website 2 had 2,900 searches with medium competition. Website 1 has been going for 2 months and I have done quite a bit of backlinking. Website 2 has been going for 1 month and I have done backlinking, but less. Bizarrely website 2 is performing better in terms of traffic and adsense income and I am not sure why this is! Also, the 3rd site that I bought from flippa was supposed to generate $80 a month in adsense income a month and have a certain amount of traffic. Well it has pretty much done nothing since I bought it. I'm not accusing the guy who sold it of fabricating the figures but I can't figure out why this would be. Perhaps it was because it was offline for about a day whilst it was transferred to me. I don't know. I have since added in some amazon and commission junction ads just to see if I can generate something but at the moment it seems like I may have wasted quite a bit of money...

No comments:

Post a Comment